Established in 1991, Galana is a privately-owned group of companies specialising in Trading, Shipping and Terminal Storage of refined petroleum products in East and Southern Africa, as well as the Indian Ocean Islands.
The Group’s continued success is attributable to its founders’ local knowledge, an impassioned and dedicated team, and the optimization of an integrated oil supply-chain in niche markets.
Galana’s activities are run from 4 offices, namely Dubai (Headquarters), Kenya, South Africa and Mozambique. With a strong corporate governance and core values, Galana is recognized as a reliable business partner globally. The Group employs a team that includes over 35 professionals.
Integrated trading and storage supply-chain:
- Oil Trading
- 25+ years industry experience in Africa and Indian Ocean Islands
- $1.6 billion annual turnover
- A team of over 35 professionals
- More than 1.2 million metric tons shipped annually to Africa & Indian Ocean islands.
- 20-year relationships with key refiners in the Middle East
- Significant trade finance facilities with international banks, including BNP Paris, Mauritius Commercial Bank, ING, Rabobank, Standard Chartered and RMB